Scripture

And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up. ~D&C 84:88

Monday, December 1, 2014

On The Mend...

Hello everyone!


My injuries are healing so fast that is really is quite the miracle. I am so grateful for that and for everyone's prayers because Í know that Heavenly Father is looking out for me. I have a lot of new skin! that part is healed up even though it still looks a bit funny. I was hoping that I would have a wicked big bruise but it does not look as hard core as I wished haha:) My leg is still tender and I cannot run or stomp on cockroaches with it (I accidently tried--ouch!) and the rest of me is okay!

 
Jonny told me to tell a funny story and lots of funny things happen but I think my favorite one this week was during a really good lesson with a woman and her son (this 8 year old who is awesome and straight up said that he wanted to be baptized before we invited him. Then he ran around his apartment saying "baptize me baptize me baptize me" and we told him that we have to teach him more and he said, "what are you going to teach me next" He also loves the BoM and reads it a lot.).

But I digress... So I have a habit of smiling and nodding while everyone else speaks and this kid totally called me out on it. He said, "she nods A LOT' and then during the lesson he would start nodding furiously at me to make fun of me. Then later he started COUNTING all the times I nodded. So he was counting on his fingers and held out five fingers and said, "she's nodded 5 times!" (and I did not realized that he was talking about me) so I nodded my head at him again because I didn't know what he was talking about and then he said "six!!!!' and yeah. My companion was dying and had to explain that part to me after. heheheh. I will work on that.

Thanksgiving was fun!! We ended up spending 4 hours at a new inv. house. She is the one that invited us over after she heard about the accident. So for the first little bit they had me play hymns on their piano and they showed us pictures of everything (including missionaries they met with 13 yes 13 years ago).
 


The woman also took photos of me and Hna. Gawrych at the piano and posted them on FB with a "had the mormon missionaries over for Thanksgiving!' where a member saw them and was so excited haha. (The inv's name is María Castillo if you want to look her up and try to find the pictures mom)

Then we ate and it was rice (no beans this time) and it was basically the same normal dish they make with chicken and some potatoes that they cook in a pot with spices and whatnot and sauce except they used turkey haha. Then we had pumpkin spice flavored flan! strange! Then they insisted on taking all these pictures with us haha, so many pictures. THEN the woman's sister came over and we had an AMAZING lesson with her and her sister. The husband left and worked on other stuff but it was really neat to teach them.

Then a member (the woman who loves me so) picked us up for Thanksgiving at her house where there were 18 people total and rice with grandules, turkey, bread, more rice, and really tasty postre. Then we had what they call a "Paranda" where everyone has a musical instrument and sings together.
 
 
They gave me this strange instrument which is a hollowed out gourd (long) with lines cut into it and you scrape a giant fork thing against it. It is kinda like a washboard sounding thing but with a gourd and fork. horrible sounding thing but with the other instruments it sounds cool. It is surprisingly hard to play. The members think I am slightly rythmically challenged now but they laughed and helped me out. Hna. Gawrych has pictures but she forgot her cord. We were invited to another paranda this week so I will take more pictures then!!
 

We are still preparing people to be baptized and no one came to church yesterday, it was very sad, but we are trying to stay positive!

So transfers are tomorrow!! AND I am staying with Hna. Gawrych here in Cabo Rojo!! Wahoo! We are so happy to have Christmas together here!!

Happy Birthday to Alexis and Geoff! Your cards will be late, I am sorry. But I will send them this week! Have so much fun!

Everyone make sure that they go to
christmas.mormon.org and watch the video, it is so special and neat! Make sure you share it with EVERYONE!!!

Love Hermana Hardy

No comments:

Post a Comment