Scripture

And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up. ~D&C 84:88

Monday, August 10, 2015

Going to Guayama!!!

Hello Familia Hardy!

It sounds that you are ALL having SO much fun in Newport!! To be honest I do not feel too left out because this morning we had a sisters activity and we studied on the beach in Isabela and then we had a meeting and then we flew kites while eating our favorite fruits and Hna. Boucher's cupcakes!! I am a bit roasty toasty on my arms.. Pictures will have to wait for next week as I do not have a computer that can send them. I think it's fun that you can all read my email together today:)

So big news: Transfers! President called last night to tell me that I am being transferred this Tuesday to Guayama in the Caguas Zone to be a Sister Trainer Leader. I am really excited and maybe nervous but overall I feel pretty calm about it. My new companion will be Hna. Gallardo- I do not know her yet but she is from Mexico!

I only had 2 transfers here and I suppose my true purpose here was training Hna. Garcia and setting her and her new companion up with people that have potential! So I feel pretty good about leaving. A bit sad, but I know there is adventure ahead!

A funny experience I had teaching this week... well... nothing funny but fun! We started teaching a JW and she is really nice and is going to pray about what we shared. On Wednesday we went with our investigators to our WML's house- really neat! He lives in Paradise! And we had a testimony meeting with them. Ismael retaught us the Plan of Salvation because he was telling us how he taught it to his cousin or sister or other. It was awesome to see that he understood it REALLY well. He is on his way to a testimony.

Last night we taught a recent convert who is passing through a lot right now and wanted advice so I had us sing How Firm a Foundation and then Hna. Garcia shared Isaiah 55:8-9 and I shared D&C 6:33-37 Fear not little flock!! She really appreciated it. I am going to miss her so much!

So this last week we had Stake Conference! It was AMAZING. Elder Martinez (area presidency, from PR) came and I love listening to his talks. He teaches so powerfully but he's also really funny with out losing that Spirit.
 
Anyways, he totally remembered me as the sister that was hit by a car because that happened the week before he came to speak to our zone. He came up to shake my hand and asked very seriously if I was feeling healthy and if I had had any accidents lately. The thing is, even when he's making jokes or something he ALWAYS looks really serious. It was just funny. I can't believe he still remembers me for that.
 
At the conference I was able to see everyone from Cabo Rojo!! It was so sweet. I loved it. They all asked me how my leg is doing. Then our members from San Sebastian had a little picnic for us outside and we ate and had yummy avocado. I am going to miss these memebers A LOT!!! I am sad to leave them.

Our ward is pretty small. Only about 20-30 people come regularly!

I hope Dad enjoyed his birthday!! Yes Mama! I do get to eat mangos! And mango season is starting as well as avacado season! Yum!!!

Jonny's Question: we find out about transfers the Sunday before transfer Tuesday! Usually the District Leader calls but President calls the new zone leaders and sister trainers. I will be sending you a letter this week when I have the time!

Is Alexis feeling better now?

I hope you love school this year Hannah! Enjoy your last week of summer!!

The PR is in a big drought right now. Here in San Sebastian it rains every day but the rest of the island is really dry. Other parts of the island have to go three days without water, one day with water. Crazy right?
 
I am not sure about my new area but we will have to see... It might be pioneer baths for the next six months. I am not sure what to do with my hair... dry shampoo I suppose for inbetween days. I guess Jonny had to shower with buckets of water too, so I won't complain, but he doesn't have as much hair as I do!! I think hna. Boucher told me this morning that Guayama is alright on water, so I think I'll be fine.

Well my time is up! I love you all so much! I hope you enjoy your vacation! Pray for the PR to have some rain! At this point I think the people are praying for a tsunami or something because the resevoirs are so empty.

I will send lots of photos next week! Wish me luck this week!

xoxo Hermana Hardy

No comments:

Post a Comment