Scripture

And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up. ~D&C 84:88

Monday, August 17, 2015

Sister Trainer Leader ~ Caguas Zone

Hello Everyone!


Let me tell you about my new area of Guayama, Puerto Rico. To drive there you have to go through a lot of mountains. There is a drought here so everything looks pretty dry. It is like driving through Utah, dry, brown, lots of mountains, curving roads and then you come out of the curve of the last hill and BAM there's the ocean. :)

 
How does my new area compare to my other areas? Well, the members here feed us almost every day. They are all hyped about missionary work and we have a whole bunch of recent converts. We need new investigators right now so we will be finding a lot the next few weeks (like my other areas).


They also have Ward Council three times a month. Which rocks! Before church too- I am proud of them! This ward is amazing and they have an activity called Pastoral visits where they all get together one night and decide who needs help or visits and then they split up and visit all the less actives. Right on! Really, I am so blessed to be here.

 
My companion is Hna. Alecxa Gallardo. She is from Tijuana, Mexico. She is 24 years old and the entire house got all excited when I told them I have a brother that is 24 years old. Haha. But she is an amazing missionary. She is finishing her mission in November. I really like being her companion.
 

We live with two other sisters. Hna. Hoko (my roomate from the MTC!!!) from Tonga/Hawaii/Utah and Hna. Garcia from Managua, Nicaragua!! They are both really awesome.
 
 
The apartment is the best apartment in the mission too! It is so beautiful, white, and bright. I love it!
 

My responsibilities as Sister Trainer Leader (STL) are the following: 

Go to Mission Leadership Council, teach District Leaders what we learned in MLC, teach the Zone alongside the Zone Leaders in Zone Meetings and Zone Conferences, and go on exchanges with the sisters in our Zone to help and teach them. Also to take care of transfer changes. I think that's everything, Hna. Boucher is going to come by sometime soon to go over all my responsibilities. Hna. Gallardo has been teaching me a lot this week too.
 

I am sending a LOT of photos this week, I promise. They are mostly all just me on the beach. Enjoy! That's why my letter isn't very long this week!!
 

It looks like everyone had so much fun in Newport! That's so awesome!
 
 
Please send me Anna's address in the MTC and everything!!


I LOVE YOU!!
 

xoxo Hermana Hardy

No comments:

Post a Comment