Scripture

And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up. ~D&C 84:88

Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year!!! I hope you all enjoyed it! I'm super jealous of your Hogwarts 3d puzzle.

So, I have been extremely busy busy so I haven't had the time to make my Resolutions and the truth is all of them will have to do with normal not missionary life and I would rather not think about that until the time comes. Good news is that before I leave the office makes me put my life goals on paper and they give us a self sufficiency class. so Resolutions will start on my first Sunday home!

I think my Christlike attributes this year will be.... charity and virtue! I might re-evaluate that when I get home because those two came to my head right now and actually I was working these past couple of months on charity and other attributes. So we will see!

Right now we have lots of goals for my last month! We are working really hard.

We send emails in a cyber library run by the city and it is in the mall that is right by our house. It's great because it's open the days the mall is open so we can always write! Remember last year when the libraries were all closed for three weeks around Christmas?? Yeah, that doesn't happen here. We are blessed, although it is really busy sometimes and we have to wait a long time to write.

Our discussions this week went pretty well. We did 2 exchanges, one with Humacao and the other with Aguas Buenas. Sadly, most of our plans and appointments fell during those and we contacted a LOT.

An awesome lesson we had was yesterday with Familia Cruz and we took a member with us who is leaving on his mission in two weeks. It was pretty good! We watched Joseph Smith, the Prophet of the Restoration and it was so powerful with them. At first our DVD didn't work, and the laptop they had didn't have good internet, so our member took out is iPhone 6+ and we watched it on youtube.... his phone only had 20% battery at the beginning but it lasted the entire 1 hour movie and it was so powerful. 

In short, the father knows that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith is a prophet all though he keeps on saying his church is very similar to ours. I whipped out Mosiah 18 and asked him the soul question from Alma, "Que os impide ser bautizados?" or... "What is impeding you to be baptized" (Bad Spanish to English translation but I can't remember what it is in English, I've only read the LdM in Spanish on my mission). But that was fun! We were super direct with them. 

Then we talked about what our church has that no other church has. 1. The BoM (Felix brought that one up and said it himself. 2. Authority and 3. Temples and the ability to be sealed to our families for eternity. Success! They still say they want to read more before they're baptized...

So alli vamos. I hope they decide to be baptized before I go but I'm not very confident and I'm just willing to accept the Lord's will and I prefer that they are baptized when they are ready even after I go!

I hope all of you feel better! I got a little head cold so that's been fun but it isn't too bad.

Something that keeps me smiling this week is that Hna. Helmick and I got a really strong missionary fire and we put motivational quotes all over to keep me going this past month and we are fighting to get the standards of excellence. Also, I smile because our sisters are awesome. And I can't stop smiling about our lesson with familia Cruz yesterday.

My best spiritual experience this week... well our lesson. And when I was very direct with familia Cruz. After the movie I told them first thing that all of it is either true, or it isn't. It can't be both. It's true or it's not. and we spoke to them clearly and we could feel the Spirit very strongly as we shared our testimonies.

Another experience I had was with an investigator who almost got baptized but doesn't want to pray about Joseph Smith or anything. So I shared with her when I was 13 and I prayed and asked if it was true and I explained where I was and how I felt and that now I know with a surety that Joseph Smith is a prophet and this is the true Church of Christ. So I really enjoyed feeling the Spirit as I shared that and He testified to me again that it is true. So I really liked that experience as well.

Well I love you so much! Please take care and know that I love you! Have a wonderful year!

xoxo Hermana Hardy

No comments:

Post a Comment